Create These 3 Quick & Easy Caravan Meals
You’ve found a great article on easy caravan meals so be sure to try won out when next on your holidays. Food plays a vital role in any holiday, whether it’s a Baguette au Fromage in France or Authentic paella in Spain. Since staycations are gaining popularity day by day, static caravan holidays have become relatively more prevalent and in demand. Speaking of which, many people are looking for a caravan for sale in Wales as it allows them to spend their vacation a bit differently.
However, such a vacation type is associated with another exciting part – cooking in the caravan that usually remains on people’s to-do lists. The best and a top perk of a static caravan is that it comes with a fully equipped kitchen which enables individuals to cook delicious meals for their loved ones.
Wessex Omelette for your Breakfast
Eggs are the most preferred breakfast option for many since they are loaded with vitamins, antioxidants, protein, and omega-3 fatty acids that might significantly benefit health. Also, eggs are easy to make, so they are considered the best caravan food idea.
So, ensure to keep them in your static caravan refrigerator or buy them fresh from any local market. With proper storage, eggs can last for 3-5 weeks in the fridge and can offer you a variety of caravan meal ideas.
Also, if you are looking for a static caravan for sale north east, ensure to consider one with a fully equipped kitchen that includes a flat-top stove, sink, mini-fridge, an oven, and some storage space.
Here is what you require to make a Wessex omelette-
- 8- or 10-inch non-stick skillet along with a spatula
- 2 eggs (for one serving)
- 2 tsp of butter
- 1 tsp water
- 100 gm shredded cheese, or you can choose a combination of cheddar and Parmesan
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Take a non-stick pan and melt butter over medium-high heat.
- Place the eggs and cook until a skin forms, about 10 to 15 seconds.
- Shake the pan to mix the eggs up and over the cheese.
- Let it cook for another 10 to 15 seconds until it turns into pale golden colour and its inside looks soft and creamy.
- Roll it out onto a plate, and you’re done.
Note – This recipe can serve 1.
Swift Soup for Lunch
Swift Soup is a nutritious powerhouse as it keeps you hydrated and is loaded with carbohydrates, protein, vitamins and minerals, fibre, and antioxidants. Soups are quite versatile as they can be served on lunch or combined with rice. Besides, it can also transform into a quick dinner option. Speaking of which, it is considered a one-pot meal and can be regarded as one of the best caravan food ideas.
A Red lentil, chickpea and chilli soup is a classic combination that is easy to cook, healthy, filling and pocket-friendly. The best part is it requires 10 minutes for the pre-preparation and 20-25 minutes to cook. However, you need a blender or food processor for this dish, so make sure to pack one.
- 850 ml water and vegetable stock
- 400g canned/cherry tomatoes
- 200g carton of chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- 140g red split lentils
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1 chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon 0% Greek yoghurt
- Large pinch of chilli flakes
- Small bunch of coriander
- Take a large saucepan, add the dry cumin and chilli flakes and let them fry for one minute.
- Now add oil and chopped onion and let it cook for five minutes.
- Add the lentils, vegetable stock, or water and canned tomatoes and gently stir it.
- Boil it for another 15 minutes until the lentils become soft.
- Put the mix in a food processor or a blender and blend it till it reaches a puree consistency.
- Pour the soup back into the saucepan and add chickpeas.
- Allow the soup to boil for about 5 minutes and season as per your taste.
- Chop some fresh coriander and add it to the soup along with some Greek yoghurt
- Serve it hot in a big bowl, and your caravanuk food is ready.
Note – This recipe serves 4.
Regal Fish and Chips
Dinner is usually considered the second important meal of the day, and it needs to be delicious and wholesome at the same time. So, if you are bored with canned foods and wish to try something easy-to-make, try making the classic fish and chips.
Numerous travelers are showing interest in a static caravan for a permanent stay or simply to treat it as a second home. As a result, you can consider static caravans for sale Yorkshire as it is an excellent investment with low running costs. However, that is not when you think about spending your time in a caravan.
When thinking of classic dinner dishes, one does strike us every time: fish and chips. Haddock is the most preferred fish in this recipe; however, you can use the one you like.
- 4 large potatoes, piled and cut into strips
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1-quart vegetable oil for frying
- 1 1/2 pounds cod fillets
- Add the potatoes to a medium-sized bowl of cold water. Use a separate medium-size mixing bowl to mix the flour, baking powder, salt, and pepper. Stir in the milk and egg until the mixture is smooth. Let the mixture sit for 20 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large pot.
- Deep fry the potatoes in hot oil until they turn light golden.
- Take them out and drain with the help of a paper towel.
- Dredge the fish in the batter. And, remember, one piece at a time. Post that, place them in hot oil.
- Fry until it is golden brown. If necessary, raise the heat and maintain it around 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Drain well on paper towels.
- Lastly, fry the potatoes again for a few minutes to add that crispy texture.
Note – This recipe can serve 4.
Caravan Meals Conclusion
Owning a static caravan is not only a sound financial investment but also a phenomenal investment as it positively affects one’s mental well-being. Cooking at static caravans can be easy if you pack all the kitchen essentials to prepare delicious recipes. Or, if you don’t have a holiday home, consider a static caravan for sale UK to enjoy quality time with your loved ones.