Ensuring you have a plan and strategy going forward is important in times of crisis. Its easy to clam up and wait for the storm to pass and do nothing. However, making a plan and keeping your holiday home sales uk going can help you in the following ways
– Keeps your business ticking over in the minds of your customers
– Gives you a sense of improvement and development within your business
– Building momentum ready for when your business is open again.
Failing to develop a strategy and keep your marketing going could mean months of playing catch up whilst your competitors take advantage of a buoyant holiday home sales market.
2020 hasn’t quite gone as planned for UK the leisure industry so far and no doubt your original marketing strategy will go on pause for now. Its now the time to stay connected and engage with your current and future customers.
Start planning with the following in mind:
– What content can you produce for your owners or potential buyers?
– How can you make your business more robust and flexible for the future?
– How can you adapt and make the most out of current demand?
– What can you do to help your current customers and maintain relationships with key suppliers & service providers?
Below we’ve selected a few handy tips to help you gain holiday home sales marketing momentum.
Assess your marketing partners and explore options
Now is a great opportunity to assess where you’ve been spending your valuable marketing budget. Most holiday parks carry on doing the same thing regardless of results. Sometimes fine tuning, testing or changing your marketing channels can attract different customers and really refresh your operation. Advertising is like the stock market – some publications or websites will perform well at different times. It’s important to diversifying your marketing to ensure your business is getting noticed, and more importantly generating enquiries for you to convert into sales.
Capture video, drone and amazing images
This is the perfect time to get out on park as well as your local area to take photos, video & drone footage. With less cars on the road and fewer people around you really have a great opportunity to capture content you can use now and in the future. The weather has been great and your holiday park has never looked better so use this time to capture as much amazing content as you can.
Update your social media channels and reply to reviews
Take the opportunity to go through your social media and check everything is relevant and up to date. You may have channels you don’t use anymore which could be worth firing back up again? With more people researching and buying online it really is the place to focus your holiday home sales uk efforts.
- Add a brand new board to Pinterest to showcase your park improvements
- Update your ‘about us’ section on Facebook
- Share relevant holiday park news and advice with your followers on Twitter
Use the time to reply to recent reviews. This is a great opportunity to show you care about your customers and address concerns they may have. Not only will this present you as a transparent and open business but you’ll also gain future loyal customers.
Create content for your owners and future customers
Show your holiday home owners what the staff have been up to behind the scenes during this challenging time. With many maintenance staff still on park doing an amazing job why not document and photograph improvements to share with owners and potential customers. They’ll love the fact you’re keeping their special place ready for when they can return. Perhaps create a newsletter to keep owners updated on recent government guidelines as well progress reports and future plans. Keep your customers engaged and your business top of mind.
Update and optimise your website
With Google bringing in new algorithms seemingly every other week as well as fierce competition online, its more important than ever to keep your website in prime condition.
Here are a few things you could look at:
– Analyse keyword data and ensure you’re answering the questions people want answered.
– Ensure your meta-tags and descriptions are relevant and complete
– Check all links are relevant and working
– Cleanse through content and correct errors
– Create explainer videos to help customers use your website
– Contact similar businesses to exchange links and work in collaboration
– Refresh content including images, video and text
Making these changes now will really help your holiday home sale uk business flourish once holiday parks re-open fully for business.
Keep moving forward
Although your strategy and message will change, it’s important to keep moving forward, keep posting, continue marketing and maintain an element of advertising. Its easy to think you can simply pause and un-pause your marketing when things open fully, however it doesn’t work like this in the minds of customers. Customers shopping habits can be extremely changeable and holiday parks which are in sight and mind will be the ones customers choose to look at and eventually purchase on. Spending your marketing budget in the right place now, one which gives you the most coverage will pay dividends once you open and start converting interest into valuable sales.
Above all, Stay safe and well
Above all, it’s important to keep yourself, staff and customers as safe as possible now and going forward into 2020. Of course, this includes cleanliness, social distancing, washing hands etc but also making sure you and the team are keeping fit, healthy and mentally ready for challenging, rewarding and better times ahead for the holiday home industry.
How can Parklink help your holiday home sales uk marketing
Parklink can help you with your holiday home sales uk marketing. We’ll generate incoming leads and create interest in your holiday home sales uk business.
Join Parklink and receive the following benefits:
- Dedicated sales page for your holiday park showing map, description & images
- Showcase all of your sales stock on Parklink as well as other leading portals
- Add virtual tours
- Link properties to your social media channels
- Email campaign assistance
- Lead generation
Tel: 01626 333883
Email: [email protected]